Saturday, February 4, 2012

Another car portrait surfaces! Updated May 2013...

Alas, this one, a 1946 Ford station wagon - wood-trimmed - wasn't ours. Perhaps it belonged to the man sitting on the running board, whom I can't identify. At left, standing, is anthropologist and linguist Carl Voegelin, to the right, his wife, also an accomplished ethnographer (and also present in the photo below of my father supervising the changing of a flat in Mexico), Erminie Wheeler-Voegelin, and my father. They're all beaming, aren't they, and well they should be with a vehicle like that one to pose beside.

Addendum, May 26, 2013.
Hurrah!
I've found another family-with-car portrait, my father with our Volkswagen hatchback, April 1968 (in front of the house my parents built in 1962, with my German shepherd dog Katja). My self-avowed non-materialistic, non-social climbing father always nonetheless wanted his photo taken with his cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment