Thursday, January 14, 2010

One thing (among many) I like about my new job


We have a kitchenette/coffee room that has a huge bank of mail slots that no one ever pays much attention to (because we have a kind staffer who makes it her business to bring our mail to us at our desks), but sometimes professional journals do get delivered there. That means while waiting for lunch (nearly inevitably Lean Cuisine, in my case) to go 'round and 'round until cooked in the microwave, we can borrow very high quality material to read. In this scene, for your delectation: Social Psychology Quarterly, and what I found to be an exceptionally lively and transparent discussion in favor of universal health care by economist Jonathan Gruber. I recommend it for a good, enlightening read. You may not agree with his policy recommendations, but by the time you're done you'll have a far better grasp of the concepts and issues than you'll ever get from CNN or Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment