Friday, October 9, 2009

Funny how things happen



Very early Tuesday morning, while taking my constitutional along Lake Michigan, my friend Karen and I heard an odd sound in the dark...I said, "hmm, sounds like some kind of bird" and she said, "no, I'm sure it's a cat!" So I looked around, and about 30 feet to our right, there, at the base of a skinny little tree just another 30 feet from cars speeding northbound along Lake Shore Drive, was a little kitty. I leaned over and called to it, and it came running to my arms. I nearly started crying, "I don't want this now!" But as Karen has three grown cats, and I have none, Teddy is now mine. Isn't he spectacular? He's perfectly healthy, except for some scrapes on his chin, the vet says he's about 3 months old (no grown-up kitty teeth just yet), and quite fat compared to Winston at that age.






What a wonderful balm for the nagging pain of Winston's death.

3 comments:

  1. And he adopted you! That is just 'meant to be'! Actually he is very like our old cat Roxi that we lost. He has a little more white. But his face is very similar. If he is anything like her he will have a loving calm personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://fourpawsandwhiskers.blogspot.com/2009/10/waikato-cat-thaws-out-after-freezer.html

    Here is a cat not too far away from here that had an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete